Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Book is Finally Available

After 3 years of writing and a year of editing and getting it to print, the book is finally available on the website. I truly hope people read it and communicate to me on this blog with their thoughts on the writing, the theme, the premises, etc. For instance, one of the issues I brush against in the story is the 'faith vs. science debate'. I think this discussion is still very heated, especially since people are so sensitive about their concept of God and death. Against the backdrop of a world in the near future that is severely compromised by the modern industrial complex, I have tried to redefine faith in this book by giving people the choice to believe in something communally spiritual - - coming from within the individual heart on out, instead of century's old values, rituals, and beliefs passed down from the top through organized religion. I think the "God" vs. 'Technology" issue is very touchy and I would love to see this blog be a forum for discussion about something like that, as well as the other themes developed in The Manhattan Prophet.


Up to now the only feedback I have had is with a few people who read the first draft and my 2 very helpful editors. I welcome more. Now, The Manhattan Prophet is in your hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment